In business since 1893, Maytag is a leading maker of household appliances. Their varied inventory includes:
- Washers and dryers
- Wall ovens
When troubleshooting an issue with a Maytag appliance, consider some of the more common parts that may need replacement.
Common Maytag refrigerator parts
- Electronic control board. The electronic control board controls the major electro-mechanical components in the refrigerator. When the electronic control board senses that the compressor needs to run to cool the refrigerator, it sends voltage to the compressor and fans. It then receives input from temperature sensors to monitor the temperatures inside the refrigerator and freezer sections. With this information, the electronic control board controls cooling and the defrost cycle.
- Defrost heater. The refrigerator defrost heater melts frost from the freezer’s evaporator fins. Replace the defrost heater if it doesn't heat when activated.
- Diffuser. The diffuser—or air damper—in a refrigerator controls cold-air flow from the freezer compartment to the refrigerator compartment.
- Defrost bi-metal thermostat. The defrost bi-metal thermostat is a safety device attached to the evaporator coil. The defrost bi-metal thermostat shuts off the refrigerator defrost heater if the heater gets hot enough to damage the evaporator.
- Door gasket. The refrigerator door gasket is a flexible seal that attaches to the outer edge of the refrigerator door to form an airtight seal around the door opening when the door is closed. The door gasket prevents warm, moist air from leaking into the refrigerator compartment.
Common Maytag dishwasher parts
In a typical Maytag dishwasher, you'll find the control panel mounted at the top of the door. This contains the primary buttons and display, and it connects to the electronic control board via a ribbon wire cable. Other essential parts include the high-limit thermostat, which prevents the dishwasher from overheating, and the overfill float switch, which prevents the water from overflowing. Other major Maytag dishwasher parts include the sump and motor assembly, the thermal fuse and the heating element.
Common Maytag washing machine parts
When dealing with a washing machine, your main parts include the drum, which contains the laundry and spins throughout the cycle. A non-spinning drum may indicate a bad motor or worn brushes. Every washer will also have a water hose, which drains the water from inside the drum. Top-loading machines also have an agitator, which resembles a pole in the center of the drum and uses blades to rotate the laundry and ensure an even wash. The agitator is rotated by the drive shaft that sits directly beneath it.
Shop Sears PartsDirect
Sears PartsDirect carries all your Maytag replacement parts, including motors, thermostats, condensers and more. Simply search the part number to find what you're looking for.