Typical Makita tools
Makita manufactures a wide variety of tools designed for use in construction environments. Although the tools can contain many different moving parts, it can be inexpensive and straightforward to replace a faulty piece instead of buying a new tool. Here are a few of Makita's most popular tools and models:
- Air compressors, such as the MAC6000
- Mortisers, including the 7104L
- Planers, such as the 2012 and 1900BW
- Cordless drills, like the 6510LVR and 60093WD
- Power sanders, such as the 9900B and 9911
- Circular saws, including the 5277B and 2414B
Makita parts explained
Different tools can have very different parts that they rely on to work properly.
- Guard assembly—The guard assembly on circular saws protects the operator against a spinning blade. If the guard is broken or has fallen off, it needs to be replaced before continuing use of the saw.
- Pressure switch—On air compressors, the pressure switch monitors the air pressure inside the tank and turns the air compressor on and off to maintain the desired pressure. If the tank isn't filling with air, the pressure switch may need to be replaced.
- Motor—The motor on a mortiser spins the attached drill bits. Some motors may have motor brushes that can wear down over time and will need to be replaced.
- Dust bag—The dust bag on a sander collects most of the sawdust during operation in order to prevent it from filling the air. If the bag has a hole in it or doesn't fit securely on the sander, it should be replaced.
- Planer blade—The planer blade cuts the wood as it's moved along the cutting service. It will dull over time and should be replaced when necessary to work efficiently.
- Motor brush—A motor brush on some tools, including hand-held drills, allows the tool to function properly. Brushes that are broken or excessively worn will need to be replaced.
Confidently purchase replacement parts for your Makita tools
When you order through Sears PartsDirect, you'll be receiving genuine replacement parts from the original manufacturer. At Sears PartsDirect, we’re always committed to our customers.