What equipment does MTD produce?
Here are a few popular types of equipment that MTD manufactures as well as some specific models for each type.
- Wood chippers such as the 203B and the 103A
- Log splitters, including the 635 and the 636
- Riding mowers and tractors, including the 13A2785S516
- Snow removers such as the 31AM5BKE501
- Brush cutters like the 41ADZ34C799
- Pole saws, including the 41AZ12PG983
Five common parts in MTD products
Before performing any maintenance work on your MTD products or replacing a part, familiarize yourself with the owner's manual and any applicable diagrams. Also, always remember to put your safety first. Disconnect the equipment from its power source, such as the spark plug on gas-powered equipment. Remember to wear proper eye protection when making repairs.
- Auger—The auger on a snow blower is the spinning metal blade that moves snow into the impeller and out through the discharge chute. An auger may get damaged by hitting hard objects such as rocks and should be replaced to prevent damage to the snow blower.
- Hydraulic cylinder—On log splitters, the hydraulic cylinder extends the cutting wedge to split the log. If the hydraulic cylinder isn't extending, it may be due to a problem with the cylinder or hydraulic pump.
- Cutting blade—On both walk-behind lawn mowers and riding lawn mowers, the cutting blade cuts the grass. A loose or damaged cutting blade may cut unevenly or cause the mower deck to vibrate. In this case, the blade will need to be replaced.
- Flail blade—The flail blade is the primary cutting force inside a wood chipper. If it gets blocked or broken, it should be cleaned out or replaced if necessary.
- Cutting chain—The cutting chain on a pole saw or chainsaw spins along the guide bar. It should be kept at the proper tension and sharpened when necessary. If the chain breaks, it needs to be replaced with a new one.
Ordering replacement parts for your MTD equipment
Ordering replacement parts for your MTD equipment is easy with Sears PartsDirect. You can enter the model number into the search bar to find a list of parts for your product, or you can browse by category to find what you're looking for if you don't have the model number available.