If your ProForm exercise equipment isn't performing as it should, here are some troubleshooting tips to resolve specific problems you may encounter with your exercise equipment.
Troubleshooting problems with your ProForm exercise equipment
- The elliptical pedal resistance won’t change—If your ProForm pedal resistance will not change or is stuck, it is likely that the resistance motor needs to be replaced.
- The treadmill walking belt is not centered—If your ProForm treadmill walking belt isn’t centered, the cause could be worn bearings on belt rollers. If the belt has drifted, it can be adjusted. If this does not solve the problem, the walking belt may need to be replaced.
- The exercise cycle resistance does not increase—If your ProForm exercise cycle resistance does not increase, you could have a broken wire or a bad connection between the console and the resistance motor.
- The butterfly arms on the weight system are not working properly—If your ProForm weight system butterfly arm press isn’t sliding as smoothly as it should, you need to lubricate the arms using a petroleum-based grease.
- The rowing machine pedals squeak—If your ProForm rowing machine pedals are squeaking, there’s a good chance that the pedals need to be lubricated.
In-depth assessment of the ProForm elliptical
- The elliptical console will not turn on—The console is battery-operated, so if it won’t turn on, replace the batteries and the console should work. If the console does not work even after replacing the batteries, it may be defective and likely needs to be replaced.
- The elliptical rocks on the floor—Level out the floor area that the elliptical is on by placing it on a foam exercise mat.
- The elliptical is displaying the wrong speed—If the speed is displayed incorrectly, there might be a problem with the reed switch. If the reed switch is okay, replace the elliptical console.
- The elliptical is making noises—If you hear a squeaking noise, use grease on the elliptical to keep all the parts lubricated so they work at their best. Perform regular preventative maintenance on the elliptical.
- The elliptical is not displaying the heart rate—Make sure your hands are in the appropriate sensor area to catch the heart rate. If that is okay, make sure the plastic has been taken off the sensor. Wipe down the handlebars with a soft cloth. If the heart rate still cannot be captured, replace the console batteries.
Sears PartsDirect has replacement parts for your ProForm exercise equipment
Choose Sears PartsDirect for all of your ProForm replacement parts. Sears PartsDirect will get you back to exercising with your ProForm home gym equipment in no time at all.