How to troubleshoot your Desa wall heater when it won't heat
• Make sure that the gas cut-off valve going to the heater is fully open and that you have adequate gas supply provided to the heater.
• Check the gas orifice for clogging. Clear the gas orifice if it's clogged.
• Check the operation of the igniter. Replace the igniter if it doesn't spark when you press the ignition button.
Maintaining your Desa wall heater
• Turn off the heater and let it cool.
• Use a soft bristle brush to clean the burn and igniter electrode.
• Use a vacuum cleaner to clear residue from the burner, air vents and grill.
• Wipe the cabinet with a soft cloth dampened with a mild soap and water mixture.