Can trampolines break?
While trampolines are fun to jump on as well as a great way to get exercise, it's not so fun when a part breaks or becomes damaged. Trampolines can develop tears and holes in the net or the mat or develop rust on the springs, poles and frame. Damage often occurs when you don't remove your shoes before jumping, too many of your friends and family are jumping on the trampoline at one time or you've been climbing on the safety net. Also, because they are used outside, trampolines are known to deteriorate over time and require replacement parts.
The following are some trampoline parts that typically need to be replaced:
- Safety padding—The safety padding is made up of thick, heavy-duty vinyl that covers the springs to protect you from injury while jumping. To find the correct replacement safety padding, you need to know the shape of your trampoline and the size of your frame, which is measured from one side to the other.
- Jumping mat—The jumping mat is a strong piece of fabric that stretches across the trampoline frame. After a lot of use, the mat can develop holes and tears, which will need to be repaired.
- Coiled springs—The springs are used to attach the jumping mat to the trampoline frame and support the jumping mat. Sometimes, the springs can become stretched out, broken or rusted. To replace the springs, you will need to measure from one end of the spring to the other end. You'll also have to count how many springs are on the trampoline and determine whether they are tapered or not.
- Safety net—The safety net is a trampoline accessory that goes on the trampoline to protect you from falling off the trampoline, which can result in injury. Over time, your trampoline net may develop rips, holes and tears in the safety netting.
- Enclosure poles—The enclosure poles hold the safety net up to help keep jumpers safe. Sometimes, the poles can become bent or damaged and it is best to replace them to ensure safety. For replacement, be sure to measure both the diameter and the height of the pole.
Sears PartsDirect can help locate the parts for your trampoline
Sears PartsDirect is available to help with any questions you may have and to assist you with finding the right parts for your trampoline. At Sears PartsDirect, all parts are backed by a fit guarantee.