Problems that may affect your table saw
- Saw doesn't start—First, check to see if any circuit breakers have tripped. If not, then the saw overload may have tripped and will need to be reset.
- Saw makes poor cuts—Check the angle of the blade and adjust the bevel stops to keep the blade at the correct angle.
- Blade doesn't spin fast—If the saw isn't getting enough voltage at the motor, it may spin too slow for cutting. This decline in speed might also happen if the motor brushes are too worn down.
- Overload trips—The overload is designed to protect the saw from overloading, but if it trips repeatedly, then the overload switch should be replaced.
- Blade can’t be adjusted—Clean out any sawdust or other debris from the elevating mechanism that may be blocking or interfering with the blade.
Five common parts in table saws
- Drive motor—The drive motor is attached to the saw blade and may have an overload switch to protect it. If the motor is worn out, it will need to be replaced.
- Motor brushes—Motor brushes are mounted against the rotating armature and conduct electrical current. They wear down over time and will need to be regularly replaced to ensure solid contact so that the motor runs efficiently.
- Motor overload—If the motor overheats or overloads, the overload switch will trip to shut down the motor to protect it. It can be reset to restore power to the saw but will need to be replaced if it falsely trips or doesn't reset.
- On/off switch—If the saw doesn't respond to the on/off switch or gets stuck in one position, it will need to be replaced.
- Power cord—The power cord will need to be replaced if the prongs on the male end are loose or damaged.
Ordering replacement parts for table saws
Ordering replacement parts for your table saw is easy with Sears PartsDirect. You can enter the model number into the search bar to see compatible parts, or you can browse by brand or category to find what you're looking for if you don't have the model number handy. Each part is approved by the manufacturer and guaranteed to fit.
Sears PartsDirect is committed to providing excellent customer service and backs each sale with a generous return policy. If you have questions or comments while you're looking for replacement parts, we are always available to help.