Troubleshooting tips for your kick scooter
If you've noticed that your kick scooter isn't functioning like it used to, then it may have a faulty part. Fortunately, many of these issues can be fixed by simply repairing or replacing a component.
Replaceable kick scooter parts
- Handlebar—It's recommended that you replace the handlebar on your kick scooter if it's bent or dented from repeated harsh use. Scooters can also be customized with handlebars from other manufacturers; just be sure to check dimensions for fit prior to ordering.
- Foot board—The foot board of your kick scooter should have a non-stick surface. This surface helps keep the rider safely adhered to the deck. Replace the foot board of your scooter if the non-stick surface has excessive wear or is completely gone.
- Wheels—The wheels of your kick scooter experience the most wear as they're the only part of the scooter that makes regular contact with the ground. Inspect the wheels of your scooter periodically for nicks, dents or holes, and be sure to replace them as necessary. Original wheels are available for many models of kick scooters and they only take a few minutes to replace.
- Bearings—The bearings located within the axle of your kick scooter should receive a healthy dose of lubricant every few months to continue to function properly. Bearings require grease if they begin making a grinding noise or if the wheel(s) become hard to turn. If bearings become damaged, they can also be replaced.
- Bolts and nuts—The bolts and nuts throughout your kick scooter should be inspected regularly for tightness. Normal vibrations associated with riding your scooter can cause bolts to loosen over time. Pay special attention to the axle bolts and any bolts holding the handlebars to the frame.
- Hand grips—The hand grips of your kick scooter are often the first part to become overly worn or covered in dirt. They're also simple to replace with little effort. Use pliers to pry off the old grips. Then, apply a small amount of lubricant to the handlebars to make it much easier to slide the new grips into place.
Ordering the kick scooter parts you need
At Sears PartsDirect, we carry quality replacement parts and accessories for a wide variety of kick scooters, including popular models sold by Hedstrom, Proform, Radio Flyer and Sears. Simply type the model of kick scooter you own into the search bar at the top of the page to locate a parts diagram for the most popular models of kick scooters. If you have difficulty finding your unique model of scooter, you can also search by specific part category or brand. We at Sears PartsDirect strive to provide high-quality customer service, and this includes a generous return policy on all purchases.