Troubleshooting common ceiling fan problems
- Ensure that the circuit breaker is not tripped and that the wall control is working.
- Shut off electrical power to the fan then check inside the canopy for any loose wires and reconnect them if necessary.
- Make sure the directional switch on the fan is not stuck in between settings.
- If the ceiling fan has a pull chain, pull it in case the fan is in the "off" position.
- See if you can spin the blades by hand. If you cannot, then the motor may be stuck or seized.
Five parts in a fan that often break
- Balancing clip—The balancing clip helps keep the ceiling fan blades spinning evenly, and it can be easily attached to or removed from an individual blade as needed.
- Reversing switch—Most fans have a small switch close to the canopy that changes the direction in which the fans spin. If the fan will only spin in one direction or seemingly not at all, then the reversing switch may need to be replaced.
- Blade mounting bracket—The blade mounting bracket mounts to the motor to hold the fan blades in place. If the screws on the motor or blades become loose, they will need to be tightened or replaced.
- Motor—The motor connects to the fan blades and spins them. If you are unable to spin the fan blades by hand or the engine makes a humming or grinding noise, it is likely seized up and in need of replacement.
- Canopy—The canopy sits against the ceiling and is usually where the electrical connections are made. If the fan works intermittently or lacks full functionality, it may be due to a loose wire inside the canopy.
Ordering replacement parts for your ceiling fan
Ordering replacement parts for your ceiling fan is easy with Sears PartsDirect. If you know your fan's model number, you can type it into the search bar to look through corresponding parts. If you do not know the model number, you can also browse through different brands to find what you're looking for.
At Sears PartsDirect, we sell only genuine replacement parts that are from the original manufacturer and guarantee that each part will fit. Customer service is always a priority for us, and each sale is backed by a generous return policy. If you have questions or need a little help finding the right replacement part, we are always glad to assist you.