Common elliptical parts and problems
- Machine sways/rocks on the floor—Check to make sure your elliptical machine is located on a flat and level surface. Flooring under the elliptical exerciser must be stable.
- Console isn't working—If the elliptical is plugged in and the console display isn't working, it's likely faulty, and it will need to be replaced.
- Pedal resistance isn't changing—Problems with the resistance level are often due to an issue with the resistance motor. If the resistance level doesn't change when you select a different setting, then the resistance motor likely needs to be replaced.
- Machine is making odd noises—A loose drive belt or screws can cause the elliptical to make squealing or grinding noises. Make sure that every fastener is tightened properly.
- Wrong heart rate or speed is displayed—If the console display is on but showing incorrect information, unplug the machine for a moment and then plug it back in. If the problem persists, it's likely a faulty console, and it will need to be replaced.
Five parts in an elliptical machine that can break
- Foot pedals—The foot pedals are attached to the drive belt.
- Resistance motor—The resistance motor modifies the level of resistance against the foot pedals. If the resistance doesn't change, then the motor will need to be replaced.
- Resistance magnet—The resistance magnet attaches to the resistance motor and surrounds a portion of the flywheel to create variable resistance to the flywheel. It should be replaced if it's broken.
- Display console—The console displays information such as speed, heart rate and controls for different settings. If the display doesn't light up, it may be faulty and should be replaced.
- Power cord—If the prongs on the male end of the cord are broken or loose, then the cord will need to be replaced.
Ordering replacement parts for your elliptical machine
If you need to order a replacement for your elliptical machine, it's easy to do so with Sears PartsDirect. You can enter the model number into the search bar to see a list of compatible products, or you may also browse by brand to find the parts you're looking for if you don't have the model number handy.
Excellent customer service is fundamental to us at Sears PartsDirect, and each sale is backed by a generous return policy. If you have any questions or concerns while you're shopping for replacement parts, we are always available to help.