Common problems that affect dehumidifiers
- Poor air flow—Check to make sure that the vents aren't obstructed and that the air filter is clean. A dirty air filter may restrict air flow through the dehumidifier.
- Runs constantly—If the dehumidifier never seems to stop running, it may not be powerful enough to handle its coverage area. Consult the owner's manual to see how large of an area the dehumidifier can efficiently handle.
- It isn't removing moisture—A dehumidifier may take several days to reach the desired humidity level. Also, check the air filter to ensure that airflow through the dehumidifier isn't restricted.
- Leaking water—If the dehumidifier is leaking water, make sure that the bucket is securely in place. If the dehumidifier is using a drain tube, make sure that it's tightly connected.
- Dehumidifier is noisy—A noisy dehumidifier may be caused by a loose fan. Make sure the fan and any other screws and bolts are tight. Otherwise, a faulty compressor may be responsible for the noise.
Five parts in dehumidifiers that can break
- Evaporator coils—The evaporator coils are part of a heat exchange system and remove ambient heat through the air.
- Compressor—The compressor pumps refrigerant through a sealed system that includes the condenser coils and evaporator coils. If the compressor is faulty, it may not be able to circulate the refrigerant and will need to be replaced.
- Fan motor—The fan motor pulls in air to remove the ambient moisture. If the fan isn't working, it will need to be replaced to allow the dehumidifier to run properly.
- Humidistat—The humidistat monitors the humidity in the room and cycles the dehumidifier on and off to maintain the desired humidity level.
- Electronic control board—Dehumidifiers with a digital display and touch buttons have an electronic control board that manages their functions. If the control board is faulty, then the dehumidifier may not work at all.
Ordering replacement parts for your dehumidifier
Ordering replacement parts for your dehumidifier is easy with Sears PartsDirect. If you know the model number of your unit, you can enter it into the search bar to find a list of compatible parts. You may also browse by brand and category if you don't know your dehumidifier's model number.
At Sears PartsDirect, we are committed to our customers and stand by each purchase with a generous return policy. All parts are genuine replacement parts from the original manufacturer and are guaranteed to fit. If you have any questions while you're shopping for replacement parts, we are always available to help.