What are some common parts of a blender that may need replacing?
- Speed selector: The speed selector may have multiple settings depending on the speed you need. Inside the housing assembly, each switch is wired to the motor. If these wires come loose or break off, it may affect the speeds at which the blender can operate.
- Inline fuse: The inline fuse is a built-in safety precaution to prevent the blender from overheating and damaging itself. If this fuse blows, it will need to be replaced before the blender can be used again.
- Motor: The motor is located inside the main housing and is controlled by the speed selector. The motor on some blenders may spin at speeds exceeding 20,000 rpm, so this can put a lot of stress on the motor. However, motors can be serviced or replaced so that you don’t need to buy a whole new blender.
- Drive stud: The drive stud is connected to the motor and, in turn, connects to the cutting blade. Each piece needs to be connected securely to each other, and when operating an appliance at such high speeds, they may wear out over time and need to be replaced. If one or more of these pieces becomes loose or worn, replacing them may return your blender to working condition.
- Blender assembly: The blender assembly sits on top of the housing and connects to the blender jar. Each piece needs to be firmly in place for the blender to operate properly.
- Housing: The housing holds the motor, drive stud and speed selector. Make sure that any rubber seals are intact. This prevents liquid from entering the housing and potentially damaging the inner parts.
Ordering replacement parts for your blender
Buying the right replacement part for your blender is as easy as locating its model number and entering it into the search bar. If you don’t have the model number, you can also browse different parts by brand to find exactly what you need. We at Sears PartsDirect sell parts that are guaranteed to fit and are genuine parts from the manufacturer. You’ll receive the highest level of customer service from us, and sales are backed by a helpful return policy.