Tricks to get your refrigerator cooling properly again
- Make sure that the vents inside the fridge are clean and not obstructed.
- Check the refrigerant level.
- Clean the condenser coils so that they can work efficiently.
- Make sure the evaporator coils aren’t covered by thick ice and frost.
- Check to make sure the temperature sensor isn’t faulty.
Common refrigerator parts that may break down
- Condenser fan—The condenser fan blows air across the condenser coils to help cool the refrigerant inside before the refrigerant passes back through to the evaporator. A broken condenser fan may cause the cooling system to run less efficiently and may need to be replaced.
- Temperature control board—The temperature control board works in conjunction with the temperature sensor and is responsible for engaging the compressor when necessary to maintain the desired temperature in the refrigerator.
- Compressor—The compressor circulates the refrigerant through the sealed coolant system, which includes the condenser coils and evaporator. If the compressor doesn’t run, it leaks or it has seized up, it may need to be replaced to allow the refrigerator to run properly.
- Defrost timer—The defrost timer is responsible for keeping ice off the evaporator fins. If ice or heavy frost builds up on the evaporator fins, then they will cool less efficiently.
- Compressor start relay—The compressor start relay initially energizes the start windings on the compressor motor. If the compressor doesn’t get the proper current from the relay, it may not operate, and the relay may need to be replaced.
- Condenser coils—The condenser coils are located either on the back of the refrigerator or on the bottom of the cabinet. Coils are part of the heat exchange system and need to be kept clean to work efficiently. If the coils show signs of damage or leaking, they may need to be replaced.
Ordering replacement parts for your Thermador refrigerator
Ordering a replacement part for your Thermador refrigerator is easy with Sears PartsDirect. Simply enter the model number of your refrigerator into the search bar or browse through available models to find a list of replacement parts.
At Sears PartsDirect, we sell genuine replacement parts that are from the original manufacturer and that are guaranteed to fit your Thermador appliance. Each purchase is backed by a return policy as well. If you have any questions or concerns about your purchase, know that we are here to help you via phone or online chat.