Troubleshooting Sunbeam appliances
- Animal clipper blades are jammed—It's important to regularly clean your clippers to avoid jamming. Hair buildup can occur over time, causing your blades to jam. Should you experience this problem, you’ll want to remove the blade and brush out any excess debris.
- Range isn’t heating—When an igniter becomes weak, it will not properly open the safety valve. The safety valve will then fail to release heat, causing your range to malfunction. To solve this problem, you’ll need to replace the igniter.
- Freezer doesn't run—A freezer that's not running could be due to a blown fuse. You can use a multimeter to check if the fuse is working. If the fuse is blown, then it will need to be replaced.
- Coffee pot is clogged—A clogged coffee pot is often caused by debris getting stuck in the lines. To fix this, clean the coffee pot.
- Microwave touchpad won’t respond—A malfunctioning touchpad could be due to a faulty membrane switch or control board.
Top five Sunbeam refrigerator parts
- Panels and doors —If a refrigerator doesn't fully shut, it can allow cold air to escape and let warm air in. Not only will this spoil your groceries, but it will also cause the compressor to work strenuously. To fix the door, you’ll need to replace the seal.
- Gaskets—Over time, gaskets can become old and brittle, causing cracks and allowing cold air to escape. One solution is to use warm, soapy water to clean any grime buildup along the gaskets, and then dry it. After that, apply a small amount of lubricant to the seal. If the door still doesn't stay shut, then the gasket itself may need to be replaced.
- Knobs—Knobs used to adjust the temperature can sometimes get cracked or stuck. If this happens, you’ll want to remove the old knob and replace it to ensure proper temperature control.
- Condenser—If your refrigerator is overheating, it may be due to dirty condenser coils. A quick fix is to unplug the fridge and then vacuum the coils and the area around them. Also, be sure to wipe away any grime on the coils. If the coils are too damaged, you may need to replace them.
- Thermostat—When a fridge is freezing everything within it, it's likely due to a faulty thermostat. You'll need to use a digital multimeter (DMM) to check that the thermostat is working correctly. If you receive a bad reading, it's important to replace the thermostat as soon as possible.
Ordering parts from Sears PartsDirect
Sears PartsDirect is a reliable source for replacement parts that are guaranteed to fit. You can find popular brands such as Sunbeam as well as many others on our site. The model number search bar makes it easy to find a specific part. If you're having trouble finding the part you need, our quality customer service team is ready to help. Sears PartsDirect offers a generous return policy and fast shipping. Trust us to keep your appliances working well.