Troubleshooting a Senco power nail gun
- Nail gun won't fire—Should you find that your nail gun isn’t firing, it could be due to a lack of lubrication. Remedy this by lubricating nail gun parts.
- Nails jam—Nails that jam in the gun could be caused by a loose nail channel. Try tightening the screws that hold the channel.
- Leaking air—A nail gun that leaks air might be experiencing loose air supply fittings. To solve this, you’ll want to tighten the loose fittings. A damaged body can also cause leaking air, and the body will need to be replaced.
- Drive blade not reacting—When a drive blade doesn't react, you’ll want to make sure you have adequate air pressure. The blade can also be dirty, so you’ll want to open the casing and clean out any debris. Be sure to check that the blade isn't bent or damaged as well. If it is, you’ll need to replace it.
- Nail not countersunk—If you find upon firing that the nail isn’t level with the surface, it could be due to a few reasons. First, make sure the air pressure is high enough. Nail gun air supply pressure should typically range between 90 and 120 psi max. The drive blade could also be broken and will need to be replaced. Lastly, check to make sure the surface beneath isn’t too hard.
Top five Senco power stapler parts
- Trigger—You may find that the trigger of your power staple gun is hard to pull. If this occurs, you might need to replace it.
- Spring—If the spring of your stapler is worn out, it will not properly fire. You’ll want to replace the spring if you encounter this problem.
- Hammer—If the hammer isn't hitting staples accordingly, you’ll need to open the gun to check the hammer. There should be no tension when applying pressure. Using degreaser can also help loosen a sticking part.
- Muffler—If your gun is making loud, unusual noises, you may have a bad muffler. Check to see if it's worn or damaged and then replace as necessary.
- Guide rails—The guide rails are used to maneuver staples efficiently. Broken guide rails can lead to frequent staple jams and should be repaired or replaced as soon as possible.
Ordering parts at Sears PartsDirect
Sears PartsDirect is a great option for finding your replacement Senco parts. At Sears PartsDirect, we offer fast shipping and quality customer service to assist you in finding the parts you need. You can count on us to provide you with parts to keep your power tools lasting for years to come.