Common problems that your home appliances experience
- Washers, sometimes, will not turn off when they get to the end of the wash cycle. This is due to the timer being broken.
- If the dryer is running but not heating the drum interior, then it's most likely a problem with the heating coils. There could be a wire that came loose, or the coil itself could've become worn down and cracked.
- Another appliance that can suffer from heating coil problems is the Hotpoint wall oven. Burnt-out heating elements can't be repaired and need to be replaced.
- Trash compactors are great for getting rid of refuse, but if you don't stay on top of keeping the compactor clean, then food and other materials can get caught in key parts like the door hinge and latch. If the compactor doesn't register the door as being closed, then it will not run.
- If your washer isn't draining water properly, then it could be an issue with the drum not spinning properly or at all. It can also be caused by a kink or foreign matter in the drain hose or an overloaded wash load.
Repairing the belt on your dryer
- Unplug the dryer then remove the top and front panels of the dryer cabinet.
- Remove the old belt and place the new belt around the drum.
- Route the belt through the idler pulley bracket and around the motor pulley.
- Reinstall the cabinet panels and plug the dryer back in.
Get your Hotpoint replacement parts at Sears PartsDirect
Use the search bar above to input the model number of your appliance or the categories listing to narrow down your search. Sears PartsDirect only offers genuine Hotpoint repair parts, and our customer service representatives are standing by to assist you.