Fixing common Horizon equipment problems
- The treadmill walking belt is slipping—If the walking belt is too loose, then it can lose grip and begin to slip. Adjust the belt by tightening the screws behind the foot rails.
- The console powers up, but the Horizon treadmill won’t start—Insert the magnetic safety key to start the treadmill. The treadmill will not start if you forget to insert the key.
- The console of the elliptical machine displays the incorrect speed—If the console of the elliptical machine displays the incorrect speed, then adjust the reed switch next to the crank arm pulley magnet.
- The elliptical machine has loose handlebars—If the handlebars are loose, then tighten the bolt on the arm pivot.
- The console of the exercise cycle is dim—This could indicate that your machine has weak batteries. Replace the old batteries with new ones.
Sometimes, the above solutions may not fix the problem on your Horizon equipment. In that case, it may be time to replace parts that are worn-out or broken.
Replace faulty Horizon appliance parts
These Horizon appliance parts may need replacing in order to restore your faulty equipment:
- Treadmill console display assembly—If the information displayed on the console is erratic, then it’s a good idea to replace the console display assembly. The display shows the elapsed time, user’s pulse, burned calories and other information that's useful to complete your exercise routine.
- Treadmill motor control board—If the power switch is on but the treadmill won’t power up, then you may need to replace the motor control board. Unplug the treadmill, remove the motor hood, disconnect the motor control wires and replace the motor control board.
- Elliptical machine resistance motor—If pedal resistance is stuck to one setting, then you can solve this by replacing the resistance motor of your elliptical machine. Release the lower upright cover and remove the left pedal arm and left shield. Then, replace the resistance motor.
- Exercise cycle power cord—If you're having issues with your exercise cycle powering up, then you may need to replace the power cord.
- Weight system cable—In order to avoid accidents, replace worn-out cables on your weight system. Trace the cable upward until you come across the pulley. Disconnect the cable using a wrench and pliers.
Find replacement parts with Sears PartsDirect
Sears PartsDirect has an extensive assortment of manufacturer-approved Horizon exercise equipment parts for your malfunctioning machine. Feel free to utilize our comprehensive but easy-to-use search bar to find the exact part you need by model or part number.