Typical problems with dishwashers, dryers and more
While you're troubleshooting Electrolux appliances, here are some other issues that you may encounter:
- Your Electrolux dishwasher won't dry the dishes: This could be the result of a bad dishwasher heating element. This part is designed to not only heat the water throughout the wash cycle but also ensure a thorough drying process. Make sure to unplug your dishwasher when replacing this part.
- Your Electrolux dryer has gone dark: If the light no longer works in your dryer and you've already tried replacing the lamp to no avail, you probably need to install a new dryer light assembly.
- Your Electrolux vacuum isn't sucking up dirt: It's likely time for a new internal motor. The motor is responsible for rotating the fan and promoting the suction required for dirt elimination. Thankfully, replacement motors are pretty easy to install.
Troubleshooting an Electrolux wall oven
Here are three wall oven parts that may need replacement:
- Thermal switch/thermal fuse—The thermal switch or fuse is a component that's meant to prevent an oven from overheating. Your oven will have either one or the other. If your oven has a thermal switch, you can reset it after it has been tripped. If you try resetting the switch and it trips again under normal heating conditions, your switch is broken and must be replaced. If your oven has a thermal fuse, however, you can't reset it, so once it has been triggered, it must be replaced.
- Igniter—On gas wall ovens, igniters are glow-bar mechanisms that heat themselves enough to open the safety gas valve of the oven. An igniter can wear out over time and not heat enough to open the safety gas valve. Be aware that some ovens may have two separate igniters: one for the bake setting and one for broil.
- Control thermostat—The thermostat monitors and regulates the temperature inside your oven. If the oven fails to achieve the optimal temperature, the thermostat may require replacement.
Find all the Electrolux parts you need at Sears PartsDirect
Sears PartsDirect is an easy choice for all your Electrolux component needs. Utilize the easy-to-use parts search function to find exactly what you need and get the job done right. Sears PartsDirect sells replacement parts that are guaranteed to fit your Electrolux appliance. Should you have any questions, know that we have staff members available to assist you via either phone or online chat.