Troubleshooting DeVilbiss air compressors and pressure washers
If you’re experiencing any of the following issues with your DeVilbiss air compressor or power washer, try these simple repair tips:
- The motor won’t turn on—If your DeVilbiss air compressor won’t start, start by making sure the power switch is in the “on” position. Check the electrical components—plugs, switches, and outlet cord—for any damage or loose connections. Check the oil level and add or change the oil if needed. Empty the air tank and see if the compressor starts when the tank is empty. If it does, then the tank check valve is likely faulty. A bad check valve will allow tank air pressure to back flow to the pump head, preventing the pump pistons from moving and preventing the motor from starting.
- The pressure washer has low flow or uneven spray—Aside from a leak, the most common spot for pressure washer flow issues is in the spray wand. Clean the wand’s nozzle to remove any dirt or debris that may be restricting water flow. Make sure the nozzle is the right size and that it’s properly connected to the power washer.
- The air compressor vibrates while in use—Sometimes air compressor parts can shift due to an impact or from heavy usage over time. This can cause excessive vibration in the unit. Start by making sure the compressor is level, with all feet on the floor, then tighten the mounting bolts. Check the flywheel, pulley, crankshaft and belts for any loose or misaligned parts.
Common painting power tool replacement parts
- Packings—Throat packings and piston packings create seals inside the sprayer. If your spray gun is leaking or doesn’t provide enough pressure, check for and replace worn packings.
- Valves—Valves keep paint flowing at the right speed and in the right direction. If you’re experiencing problems with the amount of paint flow, or if the unit won’t prime, check for stuck or dried-out ball valves inside your sprayer and replace as necessary.
- Gun tip—The tip is where the paint exits the sprayer. If the paint pressure is too low, the gun tip may be clogged, or you may need to purchase a smaller tip.
Find your DeVilbiss parts at Sears PartsDirect
Our parts experts at Sears PartsDirect can help you find everything you need for your DeVilbiss air compressor, pressure washer and painting power tools. We provide manufacturer-approved parts and offer a fit guarantee along with top-quality customer service. At Sears PartsDirect, we’ll help you get the replacement parts you require to get your DeVilbiss tools back in top shape.