With many possibilities for mishaps and malfunctions, it's important to be able to diagnose the cause of a particular problem so that you can fix it. Here are five different problems that are common to these products.
Troubleshooting your Desa equipment
- Ignition switch—Pretty much every electronic device in existence has some sort of button or switch to activate it, and the products Desa sells are no different. If nothing happens when you push that start button or turn the thermostat up, then it might be the ignition switch that's faulty.
- Clogged filter—The air filter is an important and often overlooked part of the HVAC system. It keeps particulates from entering the home, and when it's clogged, the filter prevents heat from coming out of the furnace or heater.
- Fan—Furnaces, space heaters and air handlers all have fans to control the flow of air into the home. These fans can become damaged from foreign objects striking the fan blades, mechanical failure or electronic problems.
- Gas—Natural gas is a popular source of fuel for furnaces, heaters and fireplaces. If the gas supply gets cut off or if there's a problem with the line or connection point, your heating unit won't get the fuel it needs.
- Electronics—Most of the products listed above have electronics in them to one degree or another. Electronic parts can get damaged from heat exposure or power surges that come through the electrical lines.
How to oil the furnace blower motor
- Disconnect electrical power to the furnace.
- Remove the access panel and find the blower motor.
- Remove the blower motor casing and loosen the bolts holding the blower motor in place.
- Take the blower motor out and squeeze a couple of drops of oil into each oil port along the motor and shaft.
- Replace the motor, casing and access panel. Test the motor by switching the thermostat to the fan setting.
You can find Desa replacement parts at Sears PartsDirect
Once you've figured out what has gone wrong with your Desa heating system, the next step is to get the replacement parts so that you can conduct repairs. Finding these parts is a snap. Simply type the model number of your Desa product (or the part number if you have it) into the search bar located at the top of the page. If you don't have the number, there's a list of categories next to the search bar that you can use to help locate the parts you need. At Sears PartsDirect, our customer support representatives are available to help you with any questions you may have.