What are the most common tools that Delta produces?
- Faucets—Delta Faucet Company produces water faucets for every room of a house or business. Delta faucets are found in kitchens, bathrooms and industry workrooms.
- Saws—Delta Machinery makes saws for any type of wood application imaginable. They offer cut-off saws, band saws, radial saws and miter saws.
- Power drill press—Delta has seven drill press models.
- Power sanders—Delta offers four types of power sanders: disk sanders, disc sanders type 2, oscillating spindle sanders and bench random orbital sanders. Delta also offers standing sanding centers for you to work off.
- Power planer—Delta offers a fixed 15-inch planer and portable planers in 12-inch and 12 1/2-inch sizes.
Which Delta parts most often require repair?
With its diversity of products, it is difficult to fix on a single part that most often needs repair. However, whether you are working with wood or water faucets, parts can wear down.
- The faucet part that most often requires repair is the O-ring. O-rings keep a faucet from leaking either from the handle or from the lip. When you hear dripping in the night, that is the O-ring indicating that it may be time for a replacement.
- When Delta saws slow down, the culprit is most likely the carbon motor brushes. These brushes transfer power from the motor to the armature that drives the blade. The brushes last about 50 hours before deterioration starts slowing the blade.
- The part of the drill press that most often needs replacement is the drill chuck. This part is often changed out to accommodate larger drill bits. Over time, drill chucks lose their ability to maintain a hold on the bit and must be replaced.
- The mechanical parts of a Delta power sander typically carry a three-year warranty. Interestingly enough, the replacement part most in demand is the dust bag and its holder.
- Delta planers power on and off through a mechanical switch. The contacts inside the switch can wear out with use. Because of the construction of the switch, you must replace the entire switch to power up your planer.
Are replacement parts for Delta tools easily available?
At Sears PartsDirect, we have thousands of replacement parts available for Delta tools and faucets. When you enter the site, type in your tool in the search engine. You will find expandable diagrams of your tools' inside parts. Find the part you need and order. The process is that simple. At Sears PartsDirect, we also offer quality customer service and genuine manufacturer products backed by a fit guarantee on all parts purchased.