Common problems with ovens, refrigerators, freezers and dishwashers
- The DCS cooktop won’t turn on—First, check the power source. Make sure the cooktop is plugged in, the circuit breaker is flipped on and the outlet is working. If the power supply is working, the stove’s control board may have failed and needs to be replaced.
- The DCS oven is baking unevenly—Uneven baking is usually caused by a damaged bake or broil element. A functioning heating element will glow red. If it does not, inspect the element for any visible damage like breaks, cracks or blisters. If there is no visible damage, use a multimeter to test the element and replace it if there is no continuity.
- The DCS refrigerator doesn’t stay cold—A warm refrigerator can be caused by anything from dirty condenser coils to a defrost system failure. Check the coils at the bottom or back of the refrigerator for dust or pet hair clogs and clean the coils if dirty. If the freezer fan is running but large amounts of frost are building up, you may need to replace the defrost timer, heater or defrost bi-metal thermostat.
- There’s a layer of ice at the bottom of the DCS freezer—A sheet of ice at the bottom of the freezer indicates a clogged defrost drain. Unplug the refrigerator, allow it to thaw or use hot water to speed up the defrosting process and clear the clog.
- The DCS dishwasher is leaking—Clogs or a loose hose are the most common culprits for a leaking dishwasher. To prevent leaks, clean the filter and kitchen sink drain regularly and check the water supply and drain hose connections.
How to fix a dishwasher that doesn’t clean well
If your dishwasher no longer gets your dishes clean, try these simple repair steps before you invest in a new appliance.
- Clean food and debris out of the dishwasher filter.
- Make sure the float switch located near the filter moves up and down. If not, it may be stuck and not allowing the dishwasher to fill properly.
- Check the water inlet valve behind the front kick plate for clogs or defects.
- Clean the spray arm to make sure the openings are not clogged.
- Make sure you aren’t overloading the dishwasher. A tightly packed load will make it harder for water to properly circulate and clean every dish.
Find quality replacement parts with Sears PartsDirect
Sears PartsDirect offers a wide range of genuine manufacturer parts that are guaranteed to fit. Whether you’re repairing a dishwasher, a stove, a refrigerator or an outdoor grill, Sears PartsDirect experts can help answer your questions and find the DCS replacement parts you need to get the job done right.