How can you get your Dacor appliance back in working order?
Is your Dacor appliance suddenly not working the way it should? Don't replace the entire unit just yet. You may simply require an inexpensive replacement part. For instance:
If your Dacor warming drawer isn't functioning, you may need a new control unit.
If your Dacor dishwasher isn't cleaning dishes, the problem may be the filter. Remove the filter screen and use a wet-dry vac to clean the filter. If that doesn't fix it, the filter might need replacement.
Why isn't your Dacor wall oven working properly?
If you've noticed your Dacor wall oven is no longer turning on or doesn't heat properly, there could be a few causes behind it. Here are some DIY tips for you to consider using to get your oven working properly again:
- Ensure the unit is receiving power.
- Check the igniter. Gas ovens use an igniter to activate the primary burners. If the igniter isn't working, it needs to be replaced.
- Make sure gas is flowing to the oven. If gas isn't making it to the igniter, it could be due to a faulty regulator inside the oven.
- Check the thermal fuse. If the thermal fuse is blown, the oven may not work at all.
- Check the control board. If the oven is powered but is completely unresponsive, it is likely the control board will need to be replaced.
Here are the main parts of your Dacor wall oven that may present issues:
- Bake element—Electric ovens have baking elements at the top and bottom of the oven that provides the heat for the oven. If they are cracked or damaged, they may not heat properly and will need to be replaced.
- Control board—The control board manages most of the oven's functions, including the cooking time and temperature in the oven.
- Gas valve—The gas valve is a safety device that limits the amount of gas flowing into the oven. A faulty gas valve may limit the gas too much or block it completely.
- Temperature sensor—This sensor monitors the actual temperature inside the oven and turns the burners on or off accordingly. A faulty sensor may keep the oven too hot or too cold.
- Thermal fuse—The thermal fuse will trip when the oven gets too hot to prevent it from overheating. Since the fuse can't be reset, it needs to be replaced if it's blown.
Ordering replacement parts for your Dacor appliances
Each part is guaranteed to fit. Sears PartsDirect is committed to providing customer service and stands behind each sale with a return policy. If you have any questions or concerns before placing an order, we're standing by to help.