From blades to blowers, here are a few adjustments you can make to repair components within your Ariens machine.
Troubleshooting tips for Ariens lawn and outdoor tools
- Walk behind lawn mowers that will not start or that stall out quickly might need to have the spark plugs cleaned or replaced. The carburetor may also be clogged and need cleaning, or it may need to be repaired or replaced.
- If a mower ceases to self-propel, it could be that the V-belt rotating the drive pulleys for the wheels is worn or broken. You should consider replacing the v-belt in either case. Wheel assemblies and drive pulleys are the other common reasons a push mower stops self-propelling.
- Riding mowers have occasional trouble starting or stalling out. These issues can usually be traced to fuel that was left in the engine while the mower was being stored. Other solutions include cleaning and replacing the spark plug, carburetor, fuel filter, starter switch or ignition coil.
- Riding lawn tractors tend to have some common issues reported regularly. Blades that will not cut correctly are likely bent or not installed correctly. This can be repaired by replacing or reinstalling the blade properly.
- Typical snow blower glitches seem to involve the spark plugs or carburetors needing to be cleaned or replaced. These parts can affect the snow blower’s performance; resulting in the snow blower not starting, starting then stopping, or running rough. Some other specific glitches with a snow blower are listed below along with ideas for solving those problems.
Repairing your snow blower
Fuel that remains in your snow blower once you put it away for the season causes many of the troubles you encounter with your blower. If you can't start your blower or it runs rough, check for fuel remaining in the tank. If the smallest amount of fuel sat very long, it can become gummy due to the low octane levels and fuel additives. This gummy substance gets into your carburetor and clogs up and corrodes elements around it. Furthermore, it can clog your fuel line.
Ordering Ariens replacement parts from Sears PartsDirect
Replacing components to repair your Ariens machines is a convenient process using Sears PartsDirect. Search for the part you need by typing the Ariens machine model number in the box at the top of the page. If you don't have the model number handy, you can also browse by category or brand. Find the products necessary to put your Ariens outdoor tools back in working order by using Sears PartsDirect.