Solutions to potential Rival ice cream maker issues
- Ice cream won't thicken—This usually occurs when the ice cream was not frozen for long enough. If a sufficient amount of time has passed and the cream still won't thicken, you should try placing the bowl farther back in the freezer for optimal cooling.
- The ice cream is too soft—If the ice cream is too soft after being fully prepared, this might be caused by the mix of ingredients. Try checking the recipe to ensure accuracy. If the recipe was followed and the ice cream is still too soft, it's still possible to experiment with new ratios until a better result is achieved.
- The motor won't turn—If the motor stops or begins turning slowly, it's important to check for ice buildup right away. If ice is impeding the motor, it's vital to unplug the maker and scoop out the ice. The motor will burn out if it's left to struggle for too long.
Troubleshooting ice cream maker parts
An ice cream maker that gets cold but doesn't freeze your treat can be quite a frustrating thing to work with. It's always good practice to check the power supply before anything else. If everything is plugged in, you may need to replace one or more of the following parts.
- Freezer—The core of the unit can sometimes lose its insulation factor over time. If the freezer is more than five years old, it may be worth upgrading to a newer version.
- Motor—The ice cream will often become too thick and begin straining the motor. If the motor begins to turn slowly, a replacement is in order. You may be able to increase how long the motor lasts by cleaning the unit regularly to avoid frequent buildup.
- Thermostat—The thermostat is a key component to ensuring the ice cream is at a perfect temperature. If the sensors on the thermostat give out, the ice cream may never reach its intended thickness. The thermostat should be checked when all other parts seem to be working fine.
Find your ice cream maker replacement parts at Sears PartsDirect
Sears PartsDirect is here to assist with all of your Rival ice cream maker parts and components. With speedy shipping, a guaranteed fit on all parts, quality customer service and authentic factory parts, we will get you what you need when you need it. Our customer service team is available to assist you in getting your Rival ice cream maker back to working order in no time.