Common issues with Hypro pumps
- The pump doesn't draw—This can happen either because the pump impeller is damaged or the suction line may have collapsed. You can check the pump impeller for damage and replace it if necessary. If the problem is the suction line, then make sure to clean both the line and the strainer.
- The liquid flow is irregular—This can be caused by the pulsation dampener having an incorrect charge. It can also occur with clogged valves. You can check the pulsation dampener's charge and inspect valves for debris to fix these problems.
- The oil is a milky color—This means one of the diaphragms has split. It's important to drain the oil, then replace the diaphragms, head and manifold.
- Output drops, and the pump is noisy—The oil levels have simply dropped too low when this happens. Add oil until it sits halfway up the sight tube for the best performance.
Maintaining a Hypro pump
The best way to keep your Hypro in working order is to perform routine maintenance. The following steps should help reduce the amount of wear and tear the unit endures throughout its lifespan.
- Flush the pump with clean water every usage—Keeping it clean is the first step to ensuring your pump has a long, healthy life.
- Replace the oil once every three months or after 500 hours of operation—Use the specialty branded Hypro pump oil to guarantee smooth performance.
- Protect the pump in freezing conditions—It's vital to flush the pump with a solution that's half water and half anti-freeze to avoid any ice buildup.
- Change diaphragms once every three months or after 500 hours of operation—It's a smart practice to replace the diaphragms at the same time you replace the oil to keep your unit in peak condition.
Find all the Hypro pump parts you need at Sears PartsDirect
Sears PartsDirect is here to help with all your Hypro pump parts and components purchase needs. With quick shipping, a guaranteed fit on all parts, quality customer service and genuine factory parts, we will help you find what you need exactly when you need it. Our friendly customer service team is available to help you through the process and answer any questions you may have.