Model #917299440 CRAFTSMAN Tiller - Gas - Rotary

  • Replacement Parts
    3 Results
Find part by diagram >

Question and Answers


what is the name of the part that you pull the cord to start the motor 917299440 Craftsman 5 h.p. tiller


Hello glad to help.  Thank You for choosing Sears
I am sorry and do understand your frustration when needing information on parts.
Glad to help out.   Im  looking at your  Craftsman Tiller model number  917299440.   With your model number, I am able to pull up the original model number of your engine.   It is a Briggs and Stratton engine 130202 685-02.

The rewind starter is the name of the whole assembly.   You pull the rope with.   

The complete assembly makes it very easy to replace is part number 390463.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter and I hope we can help you with your future questions and repairs.  Thank you for choosing Sears and using our

Read More
Larry L -
Sears Technician
April 29, 2014

I have a craftsman tiller model# 917-299440 and need technical assistance with the briggs and straton engine specs (points, flywheel, etc). Thanks in advance.

A: is a great place to find the answers to just about anything, especially on Brings and straton engines. To get the best possible answer please submit more information on what you need help with. Click on reply and add more information.

Read More
Anna T -
April 25, 2012

Thank you for your question on the tune up components.

I do not have the type number for the model Briggs and Stratton with a model number 130202 0685-02.

I do not have the parts you have requested in our system for this old engine and it probably some of the parts are no longer available because of its age.

I would suggest visiting you�re local Briggs and Stratton engine dealer in your area to see if you can get any other parts you need.

Sam A.

Read More
Sam A -
Sears Technician
April 27, 2012
See more answers

Top Parts