Model #917258555 CRAFTSMAN lawn, tractor

Question and Answers


could you tell me what kind of oil model 917258555 takes hydraulic or transmission,its a craftsman riding mower


Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to assist you. I have looked up the model number you have submitted. The transaxle on this tractor requires special synthetic oil. The part number for the oil is 799030 and can be ordered from the following link. Craftsman tractor parts

To fill and check the oil you have to remove the oil fill plug. The image below shows where the plug it located. Click on the image to enlarge it. Once you have the plug removed, you have to measure from the top of the case to the oil level. The oil level should be 1/4 to 3/8 from the top of the case. If it is low, add a little oil and check the level.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Thank you for using Manage my life.


Read More
Mark T -
Sears Technician
April 23, 2012

Top Parts