Model #79070402011 KENMORE Free Standing, Gas

  • Backguard
    3 Results
  • Burner
    3 Results
  • Body
    3 Results
  • Top/drawer
    3 Results
  • Door
    3 Results
Find part by diagram >

Question and Answers


How do I get an instructions for converting appliance to operate on liquid petroleum gas.


It is best to see if there is a conversion kit available or ask your gas distributor to do it for you. Normally it is just replacing the jets that atomize the LP gas with ones for the kind of gas you are wanting to use and possibly adjusting the air/fuel mixture.

Read More
Anonymous -
December 11, 2010

Thank you for your question.

Not having the correct conversion instructions certainly is a concern.

In looking at the parts diagram it looks like you have the gas valves that have adjustable orifices on them. You can lift the top of the range and with a have inch open ended wrench you can turn the orifices down until then stop on the L.P.orifice.

The same is true of the oven gas valve.

  • Adjust the orifice spud down until the gap from between the valve body and bottom of the brass colored orifice is gone.

I see that they do list a conversion kit for the top burners which means you will need to remove the upper orifices and replace them with the smaller hole L.P. orifices.

The part number for L.P. kit is; 316243723.

If there is still some confusion with instructions please use the link and if you can take a couple of pictures to add of the cook top style burners you have it would be helpful.

I have e-mail you a few instruction pages.

Thank you for using Manage My Life.

Read More
Sam A -
Sears Technician
December 13, 2010

Sam, this is exactly what I needed. thank you. Although the sears rep wanted to help me, he said the correct instructions would take 5-7 business days to get to me and could not tell me how to download a copy of the instructions.. Thankfully there are still some oldtimers like you around that really take their job seriously. tr

Read More
smroog -
December 13, 2010
See more answers

Top Parts

Recommended maintenance parts & accessories

Show 3 more
No more item to show