Model #72180409402 KENMORE Microwave/Hood Combo

  • Door Panel
    3 Results
  • Controller Assy
    3 Results
  • Oven Cavity
    3 Results
  • Latch Board
    3 Results
  • Interior 1
    3 Results
  • Interior 2
    3 Results
  • Installation
    3 Results
Find part by diagram >

Question and Answers

Q:

Microwave won't light up or start? I saw the word 'off' running across the screen but missed any other words on the screen before it turned off. Help

A:

Having a microwave that is not working properly can be quite a concern as well quite a disappointment. While you are waiting for an expert to reply I recommend to reply back to this thread with a detailed model number to your Microwave. Which this will allow an expert to reply with a detailed answer to your question.

Read More
Priscilla V -
January 20, 2011
A:

the model # is 721.80409402 on the microwave that isn't working.

Read More
mcs6mcs -
January 20, 2011
A:

Thank you for your question and I understand your concern. If the unit went dead the instant the door was opened, one of the door switches most likely opened or closed in the wrong sequence causing the line fuse to fail.

Microwave ovens should only be diagnosed and repaired by a service technician with the proper training and knowledge. Microwaves inherently store huge amounts of voltage (10,000 volts) even when the microwave has been disconnected from the power source. DO NOT attempt to access and replace the fuse yourself, call for service.

You can have it repaired at your home by a Sears technician. Here is a link for the website: Sears Home Services .

Read More
Joey S -
Sears Technician
January 20, 2011
See more answers
Q:

What is wrong with my Kenmore model 721.80409402 microwave when the fan and light will not go off when cooking is done unless I unplug the microwave?

A:

There is a light that can be timed to stay on but the fan should shut off at the end of cooking. From the description you give most likely the control has a shorted key pad and will need to be replaced.

Microwaves are not good do-it-yourself projects and I'd recommend a technician check and repair this problem.

Microwaves are inherently dangerous to service. Internal capacitors can retain a lethal electrical charge even when the microwave is unplugged. A microwave radiation leakage test must be performed on the unit following any repair.

I recommend calling a service technician to repair this type of problem.

Read More
Fred M -
Sears Technician
August 01, 2009

Top Parts