Model #56561582011 KENMORE ELITE Countertop Microwave

  • Cabinet Parts
    3 Results
  • Switchs/microwave Parts
    3 Results
  • Door
    3 Results
  • Control Panel
    3 Results
Find part by diagram >

Question and Answers

Q:

Microwave Kenmore elite 56561582011

A:

Good morning... I can fully understand your interest regarding this issue but I would offer caution if you're thinking of attempting repairs yourself. Microwaves contain high voltage internal components that can retain a lethal electrical charge even when the microwave is unplugged. I will forward your question to an expert who will investigate the matter further and get back to you. You will hear from them within two business days if not sooner. Until you hear from us, have a nice day.

Read More
Henry -
January 08, 2013
A:

I am just trying to replace the light bulb and the fuse, but do not have the screw driver to open the cabinet.

Read More
Mon-Han Young -
January 08, 2013
A:

I understand wanting to replace the light bulb and fuse in the microwave yourself. I see Henry provided you with some great safety information.

The internal light is a component that will normally need to be serviced by a technician unless you can find information in the owner's manual that shows how to replace that light. Since this information is not in your owner's manual, I strongly recommend that you have the microwave serviced by a technician.

Microwaves contain high-voltage components that can retain a lethal electrical charge of up to 2200 VAC -- even when the microwave is unplugged. Repairs and adjustments, even minor ones such as replacing fuses, can cause microwave leakage. A microwave shielding leakage test MUST be performed after any microwave service.

It is for these safety reasons that we are unable to guide you in microwave repairs and instead recommend scheduling service with a qualified service technician. You can schedule service online with Sears Home Services or by calling 1-800-4-MY-HOME. We thank you for your understanding in this matter. Normally at ManageMyLife.com we like to help you with all of your repairs, but our expert advice is that microwaves are just too dangerous. Thank you for using ManageMyLife.com.

Read More
Korinna S -
Sears Technician
January 08, 2013
See more answers
Q:

Why is my microwave oven discolored?

A:


The discoloration of the microwave and surrounding area is probably caused by smoke that is venting out of the oven. Normal baking will produce fumes or light smoke that many times will have some grease content. Some of this light smoke is vented out of the oven door in the baking process. This light smoke will leave residue on the areas above the oven. Over several years of use, this residue will build up and cause the ivory tint on your microwave and cabinet. The self cleaning feature of your oven will normally produce more smoke as it burns all spills in the oven into a fine ash. Broiling can also produce heavier fumes and smoke.

You may be able to clean and/or paint the cabinet to restore the original white finish. You probably won't be able to clean the residue from the microwave. If not, you may have to replace it to restore the white appearance.

If you restore the area to its original condition, here are some tips to help keep the area white:

  • Clean the area often. Also, clean the area after conducting a self cleaning cycle or baking/broiling items that produce heavy fumes.
  • Before conducting a self cleaning cycle in the oven, wipe off any heavy spills on the oven bottom. These will produce more smoke and discoloration if not removed.
  • Move the microwave oven slightly back into the cabinet if possible to avoid direct contact with oven vent fumes.

Read More
expert -
Sears Technician
December 04, 2007