Model #153329563 KENMORE Water heater, Electric

  • Water Heater
    3 Results
Find part by diagram >

Question and Answers


model 153.329363 water heater, I have hot water pumping out the top where it looks like the Primary Anode Rod is located. Whats up 153329563 Kenmore Water heater


Thank You for choosing Sears and being a valued member. It is unfortunate to hear that you are having issues with your water heater and I do understand your frustration. Glad to help out. I'm looking at your model number 153329363 and when the rod itself becomes so corroded that it can no longer do its job, the tank soon rusts out, leaks and needs replacement. However, if you replace your anode rod before it fails, about every five years, you can double the life of your water heater. Rods are made from magnesium, aluminum or aluminum/zinc alloy. Here is a link that may help with the replacement. Just click the blue link above to be taken to the page. I trust this information will help you.


Thank you for choosing Sears


SAFETY NOTICE: Be sure to disconnect power to the appliance before performing any repairs. If you are not comfortable with doing any voltage checks that might be recommended, please contact Sears for repairs. Be aware that there could be sharp edges inside the appliance that could cause cuts or other injuries to yourself or others.

Read More
Sherman_G_Wallace -
Sears Technician
November 18, 2014

Electric Water Heater trips high limit switch 153.329563


anode rod replacement for Kenmore water heater 153.329563

A: is a great place to find the answers to just about anything, especially on appliances. This expert's answer may have some helpful information for you. I have attached the link below. I hope it helps while you are waiting for your expert to respond.

Read More
James -
January 17, 2012

Thank you for your question.

I am sorry you are having a problem with the new water heater. The original anode rod is made of magnesium. The replacement rod (9001453) is made out of aluminum and is 29 inches long. The new rod should cure the smelly water. If you would like to order the kit you can do so from our parts website: Sears Parts Direct .

Thank you for using Manage my life.

Mark T.

Read More
Mark T -
Sears Technician
January 18, 2012
See more answers

Top Parts