Model #153317332 KENMORE Water heater, Electric

  • Kenmore Compact
    3 Results
Find part by diagram >

Question and Answers


How do I replace the anode rod in a Kenmore water heater, and with what part number?


having to work on replacing parts on the water heater can be quite a tough job. I have taken the time to research on the website and have located similar information towards your issue. While you are waiting for a detailed reply from an expert I have attached the links below. Hope this helps!

Read More
Priscilla V -
March 25, 2012

Thank you for your question. I can understand your concern about the anode rod. This is a glass lined tank and it does have an anode rod but it's not replaceable in this water heater. If you drain this tank periodically, it will extend the life of the tank. First, disconnect power to the unit and then connect a hose to the drain valve. Open the valve now and leave the water supply open. This will flush the tank. Now turn the water supply off and drain the tank. After the tank has been drained, do not reconnect the power until the tank is completely full. If the power is turned on too soon, it can burn the element out. I hope this will help you. If you would like more assistance, reply to this thread and I will be glad to assist you further.

Read More
Scott D -
Sears Technician
March 27, 2012
See more answers

Top Parts